Re: Integration program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Integration program

From: Ricardo Navarro <Fb4459@AOL.COM>
Subject: Integration program
> Hello all, does anyone know where to find a program for the TI-82 (or 83)
> that will integrate any or almost any equation? specifially, I'm looking
for
> one that will be able to integrate something like f(x) = (x^3+4)^cos x or
> f(x)=(3^x)(x^5). I've seen a JAVA applet that does it, and I know its a
long
> shot, but is there such a program available for the TI calcs??

Since your 82 and 83 already do NUMERIC approximations of DEFINITE integrals
(area, via fnInt), then you must want to do an INDEFINITE integral
(antiderivative) of (for example) cos(x) and get a SYMBOLIC answer (sin(x)),
and it's not gonna happen on your 82 or 83 (unless some hacker has figured
out an assembly language way to do it IN GENERAL, and I doubt that very
much).

The 92 and 89 WILL do this. BUT not even Derive will do your first f. Will
the Java applet you saw? If so, where is it!?

Dave Slomer
Greenhills, OH
davidslomer@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8692/