Re: Save Text files for the TI-89?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Save Text files for the TI-89?

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe H. Smith <leonardo46@JUNO.COM>
To: <CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 1999 3:13 PM
Subject: Save Text files for the TI-89?

> Is it possible to type text files on the computer and download them to
> the TI-89, thus having a 'library' of available files on your computer?

Yes and no, but use the free TI Graph Link software from www.ti.com (it has
a dandy editor) and the graph link cable that TI sells through various
retailers (e.g. Staples). Some folks make their own cable but I'd buy one.

The "no" part is that the files are NOT text files, but encoded files,
encoded by the Graph link software. You COULD paste text into the Graph Link
editor, but what about the "funny" symbols (store arrow, to name one).

TI used to have an ascii text to TI converter, but you don't want that. Big
pain to use. (The store arrow was represented as /->/ (four keystrokes), for
example.)

Dave Slomer
Greenhills, OH
davidslomer@geocities.com