Re: TI-89 Vs. Casio 9970

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-89 Vs. Casio 9970

> Are you kidding?  We're not talking about a backlight, active matrix
> screen here.  This si the passive stuff, very low constrast and designed
> to use low energy.  But even so, the screens that Casio uses for color
> use up tons of battery power and provide for horrible contrast.  Color's
> nice, but if I can't make sense of what's on the screen AND have to
> worry about batteries more frequently, I'd say it's not worth it.

I meant a GOOD color screen, not the Casio's, of course.  I have a 2.5"
color TV that has a fantastic picture and isn't too hard on batteries.  Of
course I still remember the calculators of the '70s where you got three
hours of use out of a battery pack that took 12 hours to recharge so my idea
of good battery use may be different than yours.

Tom Lake
ICQ #25589135