Re: Question about TI-83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question about TI-83+

> Midi
> can also be handled easily in software, which allows for as many channels as
> you want. And on the topic of sound, any application can play sounds over any
> other apps playing other sounds or MP3s, so you don't lose sound when playing
> a MP3 like I've seen at a few PCs, although I can't imagine that's standard.

Can the card have unlimited midi channels or unlimited midi channels all being
played at the same time because I've never seen that.  And I have also never seen
a degredation of sound playing in the background, maybe he was running it on win98
with 8 megs of ram or something and a SoundBlaster PnP-16

> Are you a doctor? Have you and other companies spent millions/billions on
> testing?

Do you honestly believe that apple spent millions/billions on testing, like you
said they had a dumb-ass CEO who sent them towards disaster and ruin, did they
however make the time and money to spend on this research?

>  Or are you just saying this because your arm doesn't hurt (yet)?

I'm saying this because I have heard that there are pre-carpal symptoms, like you
should be afraid if every day after you're done with your computer you have a
cramp in your hands, and mine never have/never do.

> All 3 things you mention, although created by Apple, are now International
> standards (IEEE) that is/will be adopted by anybody if they want to use the
> technology.  Most of the things Apple added to the Mac are still better than
> the copies of them because Apple makes the hardware and can easily test it on
> every mac ever made (by going into a room in Cupertino, CA;  it actually
> exists, row after row of old to new macs)

That's neet but I know many people do this not just for macs but for PCs, my
brother who's at MIT knew some people who did and he actually helped test some
newer ones with the pentium pros a long time ago, he tested the PPro 150 I think,
it mighta been the 180.