Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

I can use an 89 in my uni exams provided there are no programs on it. That's
a good reason for an out of the box comparison. No matter how good the HP
programs may be, I can't have them on during exams, therefore if more is
built in that's better for me.

Just my opinion

Wesley

Jemfinch02 <jemfinch02@aol.com> wrote in message
19990418160135.13856.00002241@ng-fa1.aol.com">news:19990418160135.13856.00002241@ng-fa1.aol.com...
> >> What is amazing is that this 13 year old calculator can still do
> >>everything other than symbolic integration better than the TI-89.
> >
> >Is that so? I'd like to see the HP compare with an 89 with neither of
> >them loaded with programs.
>
> What would be the point?  A comparison like this would strip the HP of one
of
> its major selling points:  a stronger user base.  The reason the HP can do
so
> much with programs is because math professors, computer science
professors, and
> graduate students everywhere write these programs.  This speaks to the
> professional nature of HP users across the world.
>
> To say that one should compare the two calculators without any programs
would
> be like a school forcing someone to take a math class under the pretense
of
> "preparation for life" but requiring that calculators not be used.
Likewise,