Re: TI-83 Subscript notation.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 Subscript notation.

Juanjo <j.gutierrez-basante@virgin.net> wrote in message
371385E7.128D66F1@virgin.net">news:371385E7.128D66F1@virgin.net...
> I've borrowed a TI-83 from a friend, but unfortunately he could not find
>
> the guidebook.  I'd like to know if this calculator can handle subscript
> notation,
> and if it does how.

If you mean can it handle arrays through a subscript, as in STUFF(X) where X
can take integer values, then it can.  You enter data in 'lists' via tables
using the stat list editor (press STAT then choose EDIT) - keying data
directly into each position in the list.  If your list is called STUFF, then
you can access its elements as STUFF(1), STUFF(26), STUFF(X) and so on.

In a similar fashion, you can evaluate functions (accessed, for example,
from the VARS menu) as  Y1(2.55) and so on.

It's a clever beast, but you will need to get hold of the manual unless you
have a lot of time on your hands to play with it.