Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 10:57:44 -0400, "Indifference" <indif69@usa.net>
wrote:

>I know i'll get flamed for this, but I'm debating wether to upgrade my
>ti86($110) to a ti89($145) or an HP-48G($90)
>A 48G is cheaper than a ti86, it has built in symbolic derivative
>and integrals.
Both of which are a royal pain in the neck to use.

>It also has about 30KB of formulas preprogrammed in.
Most of which, you'll never use.
>Besides, the
>HP 48-G processor is faster than the 89 processor
Wrong.  The 48's are *slow*, I've never had a calc other than the 48's
that you have to wait for a menu to open.  Further the numerical
solver on the 48's is way slower too.
Overall, a TI calc is faster to use.
Spend the extra dough, and get an 89, you won't be sorry.