Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

Indifference <indif69@usa.net> wrote:
: I know i'll get flamed for this, but I'm debating wether to upgrade my
: ti86($110) to a ti89($145) or an HP-48G($90)
: A 48G is cheaper than a ti86, it has built in symbolic derivative and
: integrals. It also has about 30KB of formulas preprogrammed in. Besides, the
: HP 48-G processor is faster than the 89 processor

The HP48G is quit slow, in fact. The processor is a 4 MHz Saturn chip
vs the 10 MHz 68000 Motorola chip in the TI89. I have used both, and
the speed-differences is simply amazing.

Besides, the TI89 has more than 500kb of available memory, much more
than the HP48G. Thus you can put alot of formulas into (more than for
the HP48G).

If you want a HP48 series calculator, go for the HP48GX instead. It's
expandable (about 4 mb of memory max), and has 128 kb of base memory.

--
Bjxrn-Ove Heimsund