Re: Programming Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Programming Challenge

<<Hi. this is my first visit to this group, and I don't own a ti (yet ;-).
Forgive me my ignorance, but what are the 'rules' since the speed is so
low. I read in the doc's that prime5 took about 7 minutes to factor the
number 17439280249 into 55511*314159, and my hp48gx with alg48 installed
does the same job in 1,8 seconds (does anyone know the time a ti92 uses?).
So, now I wonder: is the ti 85 that much slower than the hp, or is it
because of basic programming or something else?

TI-92+'s FACTOR( takes 4 something seconds. This comparison is strictly between
TI-85s. I do not program in Basic publicly for any other calculators. Down with
HPs! Really, it's a "programming challenge", not a "processor challenge". My
computer can factor that in a fraction of a second.
------
STL137@aol.com  ===>  Website: http://members.aol.com/stl137/
PGP keys: ~~~pgp.html Quotes: ~~~quotes.html
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson