Re: SV: Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:27:20 +0100, Stig Brautaset <sbrautas@ONLINE.NO> wrote:

>The HP works like the human mind. First, it want to know which numbers it
> has to do with. Then, it wants to know what to do with them.

Huh?  If you're referring to RPN, that's how computers think.  The human
mind prefers whatever it was first taught, and that means algebraic
notation.  As I recall, the early HPs used RPN because they didn't have
the power to take algebraic input.  Not that RPN is a bad thing, lots
of people prefer it once they train themselves to use it.

>I understand how this could be a problem to you... If you bought a new
>calc the day before a test and where planning to use it you, then I have
>one thing to say to you. That is a VERY STUPID THING TO DO! In my humble
>opinion, that is...

Agreed.  This is true even for TI calculators.