Re: A better calculator, for what?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A better calculator, for what?

Well, if someone already has an 83, there isn't really a need to "upgrade",
but for people buying their first calcualtor I usually recommend the 86.
Compared to the 83, it has more memory, and more functions such as a
ploynomial solver, unit conversions, base conversions, a better menu system,
a larger screen, etc.  Games are largely irrelevant because all the best
ones are eventually converted to run on all varieties of TI calculators.

As far as the 89/92, I tell people not to get them unless they are headed
for college calculus, where they are very much used.  The 89/92 has a
wonderful CAS for less money than a PC program, and it is less to carry
around (especially the 89).

A long form of my opinions on this can be found at:
http://rhf.bradley.edu/~rkremer/tifaq.htm#4.