TI-83 cleared mem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-83 cleared mem

     I'm taking a pre-calculus class and I bought a TI-83.  I don't have
a link-up to a computer, yet, so nothing has been up or downloaded,

     I wrote a program in Basic to calculate possible rational roots for
a function.  It wasn't huge, but more than I'd care to constantly key in.
My first test of the program went well.  The second time I tried it I got
some strange graphics on the screen, as if it was changing graphing
windows, and then it locked up on me.  It wouldn't turn off or accept any
keystrokes.  I removed a battery and reinserted it.  The calculator was
back to normal, but all programs had been cleared.

     I quickly wrote a 3 line program and tested it.  No problems.  I
removed a battery and reinserted it.  It was still there.

     I reset mem to defaults and started over.  On my third test of my
rational roots program I got a different set of displays ending in the
screen saying "mem cleared".  It didn't lock up that time.

      Obviously, programming isn't worthwhile if the program won't
stay saved.  Any clue what happened?  How can I avoid this problem in
the future?

--
Scott Spetalnik     | Hillary Rodham Clinton Virus:
  srs@aol.net       | Instantly turns 1 KB of disk space into 1 MB.