PRIME5 released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PRIME5 released

I'm posting this because PRIME5 is a major advancement from PRIME402...
My TI-85 (though it probably works for the TI-86 too) program PRIME5 has been
uploaded to Ticalc.org (it may take a little bit of time for it to appear). It
is an extremely speedy primality tester and factorizer. Also, the space
increase as compared to PRIME402 is minimal (32 bytes). Some increase was
necessary as PRIME5 incorporates a bugfix to a bug that plagued all PRIME4xx
versions. Any copies of PRIME4xx should be replaced by PRIME5, as PRIME4xx
reports some composite numbers as prime. Also, the old NTILDE list included
with PRIME4xx has been updated: PRIME5 will only work with the new list. The
documentation has been increased by a factor of 4, and also, there are two
programs in the archive. One is PRIME5, the other is PRIME5D, a program that
lets you spread out the factoring work over many calculators. PRIME5D works
with the exact same NTILDE list (the new one included with the archive). Both
or either of PRIME5 and PRIME5D can be installed on your TI-85. Read the
documentation for more details. :-D
STL
------
STL137@aol.com  ===>  Website: http://members.aol.com/stl137/
PGP keys: ~~~pgp.html Quotes: ~~~quotes.html
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson