Link cable help...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Link cable help...

Hello-

I'm not *really* a TI person, but I'm building a link cable for a friend, so
I'd appreciate any help I could get with the following problem...

I was looking at plans for a serial link cable (PC to TI-85 or TI-86) and
was wondering about the necessity of the circuit in the schematic. This
circuit includes two Zener diodes and a few resistors; I assume it just
maintains the serial signal voltage or something. Do the signal levels
between the PC and the TI fluctuate enough that this is necessary, or can I
just exclude the circuit from the cable?

Thanks in advance,
PW Aldahl.....
<odin--nospam--@microassist.com> (Remove --nospam-- for a direct reply...)