HELP! I screwed up the 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HELP! I screwed up the 82

Please help if you can. This is urgent.

I wanted to check the ROM version of my TI-82 following this procedure from
the TI-CALC.ORG FAQ:

5.1.1. What version of ROM do I have?
   Type in the key sequence "[Mode][Alpha][S]" and you'll see the version
number. Then press any key EXCEPT [ENTER]. PRESSING [ENTER] WILL CAUSE YOU
MEMORY TO BE ERASED.

Since there was nothing in the memory, I pressed ENTER to see what would
happen. The calc started counting numbers slowly in the mid of the screen,
in ten minutes I got bored, so I pressed the ON key. Some odd lines appeared
on the screen, and one more number, again odd lines, and the calc turned
off. Now I CANNOT TURN IT ON AGAIN. My god! What have I done? I need this
calculator for my lessons two weeks from now.

Please help! I am hopeless.

Omer Moltay