Re: Differences between 92 and 89?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Differences between 92 and 89?

<<1. I see the 89 has an increased screen resolution over the 83, the 83
screen holds 16 characters per row with 8 rows. Does the 89 fit more
characters on the screen, or just have a higher resolution?>>
Both. But overall, its screen is smaller than the TI-92s. Though the 89 has
more pixels per sq inch.
<<2. Both the TI-92+ and TI-89 are listed as having 188K RAM and 384K Flash
ROM. Whats up with the flash rom, is that where you can store programs?
What is the total storage space as far as where I can put programs, 188K,
384K, or 572K???>>
You have a total of 188K that you can dink around with, just like the TI-92's
60 somethink K you can dink around with. The 384K, think of that as a hard
drive. You can put anything you want there, but you can't run it until you get
it out of the hard drive and into the RAM. The upgrading of the internal ROM is
separate. I don't know if it gets dumped into the "HD" or not.
<<3. The TI-92 Plus Module (plugs in I guess) to a normal TI-92 to upgrade it
to a TI-92+ and expand memory. Can you put a TI-92 Plus Module into a
TI-92+ calculator and expander the memory further, or into a TI-89
calculator?>>
Nope. You see, TI-92s come in two versions, really. My friend had one with a
gaping hole in the back. In that case, the 92+ module fills the gaping hole.
Mine right now has a module already in it. When I get a 92+, my current module
goes bye bye, and the 92+ takes its place. A TI-92 can hold one module. The
TI-89 has the module built-in, and can't accept any modules.
<<4. Do programs written on a TI-83 for a TI-83 work on the TI-92, TI-92+,
and TI-89? Or programs for the 92 work on the 89?>>
Um, first question, no. Second question, probably.
<<5. Can the TI-89 connect to a TI-83 to transfer programs? A 92 or 92+ to an
83? Or an 89 to a 92?>>
89 to 92+, I think so.
<<6. There is a product out there right now called the Memory Expander II.
Right now there are no drivers for it for use on the TI-83, are there any
for the 92, 92+, and 89?>>
Um, maybe.
<<7. I currently have a TI-Graph Link I use to transfer programs from my
Macintosh to my TI-83, will this still work with a 89, 92, 92+?>>
Yes, but you will need new (free from TI's web site) software.
<<8. Anything else I should be concerned with or aware of about getting a 89
or 92?>>
They're, um, expensive?
<<9. Any1 interested in buying my used 83?>>
*gag*
STL
------
STL137@aol.com  ===>  Website: http://members.aol.com/stl137/
PGP keys: ~~~pgp.html Quotes: ~~~quotes.html
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson