Re: Please Help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Please Help!

stl137@aol.com (STL137) wrote:

> Why quote unless I specifically refer to something that
> someone else said? Most conversations on USENET degenerate
> into a massive mishmosh of EVERYTHING that people have said
> before, with a little bit tacked on.

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately, it seems that few
people will actually give a slightest thought about how much
easier it is to read well-composed articles with sensible
levels of quoting (instead of mega-quoting all that has
ever been said).

An excellent guideline to proper message writing (including
a fairly good advice on quoting) can be found here:

<http://www.fix.no/info/message_guidelines.html>

This particular guideline is written for BBS use, but
anyone with a common sense can easily adapt almost all
the suggestions to netnews, as well. Well worth reading
for everyone ever considering to write articles in
netnews or BBS's.

 -- znark