Re: HP48X's have better games?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48X's have better games?

I've been looking around the HP48 sites for the past few days too (call it
curiosity, not disloyalty).  It looks like the HP48s use a slower 4MHz
processor (as opposed to the 6MHz Z80s and 10MHz 68ks of TIs), but it's got
a less complicated assemnly language.  Almost all the programs are
Greyscale, but there are very few "scrolling" mario-like programs (I read
they cause too much flickering).

The HP48s have MUCH more memory -- starting at 128k, expandable to over 1.2
MEGS!!!  And most of their programs are WELL over 20k. . . I think they're
slower, but more graphics-based (especially those huge fancy greyscale games
and animations).

DaMaStErMiNd wrote in message <36351BC1.8E7B04C6@mindless.com>...
>I was just visiting www.hpcalc.org and found that there seemed to be far
>more games for the HP lines of graphing calculators.  The apps also seem
>far more powerful.  Why's this?  Which are more widely used ? (Within
>all catagories eg. students + pros)
>bye

Follow-Ups: References: