Re: Problems with the TI-86 Link Cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problems with the TI-86 Link Cable

I have made a serial link for my 86.  The only program that seems to
work for me is CAL.  It says it hasn't been tested on the 86, but it
works fine for me.  Just don't send your computer a 86 backup.  It won't
work.

It took me 3 tries to get my link right, but when I got it right, it has
worked fine.  I wouldn't have replaced the diodes with LEDs, though.
They have slightly different resistance and ohms and stuff.  But if you
got a screenshot with it, its working fine, so you don't have to change
it.

CAL is, unfortunetely, a DOS program.  I haven't seen a good Windows
program for 86 linking, except for TI's graphlink program, and you can't
use it with a homemade link.

Has anybody tried reverse engireening a graphlink before?  I think it
would help all people that have made a homemade link because they have
the best program out there.

--
Sincerely,
Ryan P. Caron