Re: Changing the order of the batteries on turboed calcs.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Changing the order of the batteries on turboed calcs.

Are you intentionally trying to make me laugh?  The batteries are connected
in serial, that is all in a row.  You cannot take power from just one of
them, the power drain is equal across all four.  Furthermore, it's not just
the display that goes faster when you overclock the CPU, it's the whole
calculator.
Say that the calculator runs with a minimum of 3 volts (I don't know what
it actually is, but it's close).  You start with four 1.5 volt batteries,
for a total of 6 volts.  After a while they get old and are now only puttting
out .74 volts, which isn't enough.  So you put in one new battery.  You now
have (.74*3)+1.5 = 3.72  So the calculator runs a little while longer.