Re: Ti-83 or What?????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-83 or What?????

Hmm.  All the calc classes in my college require a ti-86.  My professor
has told me they are looking at the ti-89 for higher calc classes.

If I had to do the trig functions by hand, and graph them myself, I
wouldn't have time to learn anything beyond basic calc I.

All the teachers I've dealt with don't care how powerful your calc is,
as long as you show you work on your homework and tests.  If you put
down how you arrived at the derivative (which no calc will do) then they
know you know the material.

I use the 89, and have used the 85.  I know how the factor polynomials
by hand, but I don't want to sit down and see if a 5th order poly is
evenly divisible by (9x^2-19).  Furthermore, I'll never be in a critical
situation in my life where I'll need to take the derivitave of some long
function without a calc.

Besides, I haven't died in college yet.  If I do, I'll start haunting
TI, ok?

-Adam