Re: Help Me!!! Please!!! Help Me!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help Me!!! Please!!! Help Me!!!

I fixed an 83 that had a bit stuck into the port and this is what I did:
        1. I opened up the case...there are four "snaps" that hold it in.
        2. On the link port, there is a black case covering the actual metal
pieces inside. If you can't take the piece out with a small screwdriver
(magnetic) then carefully remove the black case.....I did this and the last
piece that the end tip contacts bent back, I couldn't totally remove the
case, but it worked....
        If that piece of metal breaks, you can solder it back on, it isn't
completely easy (another TI project), but I used a bit of an LED lead and
it works just fine.

        CAUTION: Do not try this if you are not familiar with soldering, because
if it breaks, that is bad. =D

Nic.