Re: TI-Graph Link Cable Schematics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-Graph Link Cable Schematics

Oh, how 'bout that?

Here's the skinny:

The little black plastic dots are just rubber bumpers(once you open the
case, you'll see the rest of them.)  The case is just a clip-together
'clamshell'.  No glue or other adhesives.

It's a PIC16C54-XT-50 with a TI 1993 copyright on it.  It's using a 4MHZ
crystal on the underside of the board(not resonator, real crystal)
Then there is a whole slew of resisters, caps, transisters and diodes.
All surface mount.
It's a double-sided board, but they've got components on only one
side(save the crystal, which is mount on the second side.)  They
could've made the entire assembly 1/2 the size by using both sides.

It's got a nice silkscreen on it.  And it doesn't look like there's
adhesive under the parts, so it's probably hand placed and
soldered(which would account for the $30US price tag...!!)

If I get sufficiently bored, I may sit down and write out all the
components.  I don't speak SMD very well, though, so someone else will
have to decode the markings on most of the devices.

If there's a lot on interest, I'll see about getting a picture up and
doing that.

Anyway...

-ADam

Rob Lion wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone taken an official TI cable apart to see how they interface with
> the calculator? I know the cables are expensive, but it would be nice to be
> able to use the TI's Link programs on the computer end. Is the serial port
> end of the cable (where any circuitry might be) molded plastic, or something
> you can crack open? Do they use some special integrated circuit for any
> reason? Has anyone probed the serial port to see what signals TI's programs
> output?
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> Rob

Follow-Ups: References: