Re: My first TI-(TI-89)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My first TI-(TI-89)

>so? when are you ever gonna use this stuff without a calculator? I sure
>am never gonna graph a parabola without assistance of a machine

I disagree, if you ever have a function that you're looking at it, it's
very nice to get a rough 'idea' of the function without having to whip
out your calculator..  Graphing a parabola is automatic in my head, as a
physics major.

Using an 89 is great, just make sure you learn how to do most of the
elementary operations yourself, then leave the hard stuff to the
calculator.

Even though I'm quite fond of maple and my 92, I also have learned how to
deal with graphing these things fairly automatically.

good luck
nick