Re: Programming Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Programming Challenge

Down with the Hps??? Uh you must mean the TIs? I have been tracking down the
posts in both
the Hp48 newsgroup and TI and in my personal opinion, the Hp newsgroup
really rocks! The
TI newsgroup just started to kick in if you know what I mean. Before their
was only 5-10 posts on this newsgroup compared to 70-100 posts on the Hp
newsgroup. I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but I think the Hp
still have better calcs even though they are a bit slow =(

_________________
Jonathan Chum
http://hpfx.webjump.com
Hp48 F/X -- "Realities begin here"

ICQ # 8740871
Pager: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/8740871

STL137 wrote in message <19980929194126.18742.00000053@ng113.aol.com>...

><<Hi. this is my first visit to this group, and I don't own a ti (yet ;-).
>Forgive me my ignorance, but what are the 'rules' since the speed is so
>low. I read in the doc's that prime5 took about 7 minutes to factor the
>number 17439280249 into 55511*314159, and my hp48gx with alg48 installed
>does the same job in 1,8 seconds (does anyone know the time a ti92 uses?).
>So, now I wonder: is the ti 85 that much slower than the hp, or is it
>because of basic programming or something else?
>>>
>TI-92+'s FACTOR( takes 4 something seconds. This comparison is strictly
between
>TI-85s. I do not program in Basic publicly for any other calculators. Down
with
>HPs! Really, it's a "programming challenge", not a "processor challenge".
My
>computer can factor that in a fraction of a second.
>------
>STL137@aol.com  ===>  Website: http://members.aol.com/stl137/
>PGP keys: ~~~pgp.html Quotes: ~~~quotes.html
>"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of
>tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Follow-Ups: References: