Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

STL137
>A goof said:
><<Each memory cell in a ROM is a fusible link that can be permanently
>blown simply by applying the correct voltage to it.>>
>Blowing away fusible links? That's not true ROM, is it?

So normal single-session CD-Rs aren't really CD-Rs?!? I'm glad to know
'cause then I don't need a CD-RW!

Anyway PLEASE look up the definitions - this is from a Danish dictionary
ROM(3) - a permanent data storage media in computers where information is
stored by the factory so one cannot delete or alter it but only read it.
Abbreviation of the English "Read Only Memory" (Politiken's: Dictionary of
Current Danish)

AND PLEASE CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION IN alt.talk or somewhere else

(and of course  you can rewrite a HARDWIRED ROM simply open up the circuit
and resolder the needed links, but don't you think it's VERY extreme?)

Kasper

Follow-Ups: References: