Re: Ti92 solver

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti92 solver

I am still saying that it is important to discover the _significance_
of those ugly-looking complex solutions worked out by Bill Risher for
that system I supplied (he is right, they are a mess to re-type),
and also to be able to answer questions such as why a system like
        4y - 3x = 10   and  x^2 + y^2 = 10x
gives you only _one_ solution rather than the expected two, no matter
how you use the solver.

Mathematical insight is important here, and the ability of the TI-89
or TI-92 to let you just play around with the equations is really
helpful.

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623