Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

On 4 Nov 1998 23:53:04 GMT, stl137@aol.com (STL137) wrote:

>More than a coincidence? Ha, ha, ha. Think about it. If mario89 WAS a "virus",
>then it would crash EVERY calculator it came into contact with. One single
>instance of someone getting it to work disproves your hypothesis.

Not to make any claim about whether or not something is a virus, I see
some problems with your claim:

All calculators are not identical.  Therefore, it would probably not
crash them all.  Before you try and say I'm wrong, perhaps you could
ask yourself why calculators have different brand names, and model
numbers.

Any virus that immediatly crashed any calc would not last long, and
would not meet a basic defination of a virus ie. reproduction.  It
would not be at all difficult to use a random number generator in the
program.

Anyway there goes your hypothesis.