Re: New TI-TI link cable ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New TI-TI link cable ?

I believe, although I do not know for sure, that those "extra" pieces of
plastic are zinc filters (i.e. chunks of zinc wrapped around the cable and
coated with plastic and with strain reliefs placed on either side.)  Zinc
filters are used to filter out line noise and other interference.  I have a
laptop and one came with my network PCMCIA card that I could add to the
adaptor chord.  These pieces of plastic look similar, and the idea makes
sense.

Chad Sopjes