Re: My TI-86 Died. Please help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My TI-86 Died. Please help!

PowerFlame wrote in message <19981030140318.12012.00001391@ng144.aol.com>...
>Hey folks. Earlier today, my TI-86 calculator died. Basically, I'll
describe to
>you what happened. I would appreciate any help possible in reviving my
>calculator.
>
>Anyway, I was playing around with my Calculator earlier today. The menu
program
>I have for my games is called AShell. I selected "Pwd" or something like
that
>from the menu within AShell...anyway, it was a link that popped up this
thing
>at the bottom of the screen that says "Password". I didn't understand what
it
>was, and I tried to get out of it but it didn't escape. After typing about
15
>or so characters, the screen would just turn on. I then turned it back on,
and
>still, the Password screen was there. I could do nothing. I couldn't exit,
and
>I couldn't scroll up and down to the different games. I was stuck in the
>password screen.
>
>Finally, I got impatient, and pulled out the batteries. Then, I put them
back
>in about 10 seconds later, and it wouldn't turn on. I tried a number of
tests
>on it: I took out all the batteries and put them back in, the 20-second On
>button test...I tried adjusting the contrast too, but to no avail. The
>calculator would not turn on.
>
>Can anyone please help me fix my calculator, or at least offer some
>suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any such feedback. This is beyond
>warranty period, and I'd like to see if I can fix this myself before I send
it
>in to TI Technical Support. Please e-mail me any help or feedback you could
>offer, as I don't frequent these message boards often. Thanks a lot for
your
>time.
>
>Eric

Ok, when you hit the password button, you were prompted to enter a password
to use. (you just didn't realize it) after 15 or so characters (which should
have appeard as little multimplication signs in a sequence) you hade you
password. Then you must have turned it off, because it should have promted
you fro a password. you didn't have it, so you can't get back into the calc.
pull out all batteries, including the backup, and press on a couple of
times, then hold it down for 5 seconds. that should do it. if it doesn't
repeat it. it will eventually

Follow-Ups: References: