Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

Ray Kremer skrev i meddelelsen ...
>There is no such thing as non-repairable damage.  Sure, a program
>could ... conceivably wipe the ROM, but you
>just re-Flash it then.

How do you know? Have you tried?
I presume, somehow, you need to prepare the calculator before updating its
flash rom. According to our friend the calculator did not respond to any key
presses meaning that one could not do such preparation.
Maybe the application used to flash the rom sends some initialize string to
the calculator making it accept the flashing, but with an auto-starting
assembly program it should be possible to have the calculator ignore this.

I don't just seek assumptions (like the one that computer viruses only
destroys software - now we know it is not true). What I seek is detailed
technical reference material for the flashable calculators.
I haven't found much yet.

Kasper

Follow-Ups: References: