Re: Parallel Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Parallel Link

On Wed, 27 May 1998 21:17:51 -0230, David Critch
<davidcritch@ROADRUNNER.NF.NET> wrote:

>I didn't get any 3 core cable as suggested. I do have some cable which
>consists of 4 strands of copper. If I use just 3 of the strands, is
>using copper a problem? Everything in the computer end is silver (
>resistors and diodes).

        I have made the cable with 4-conductor ribbon cable (probably
the last  thing you would think of making it with :) and it works
perfectly.  I think this is not an instance where the various
properties of a cable (impedance, velocity factor, etc) really make a
difference.  So you can use whatever you want, as long as it has at
least three conductors and they do, in  fact, conduct.

-Andy