Re: Why not the TI-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why not the TI-92?

I currently have the 92 and the 86, and I am going to sell the 92 because I
prefer the 86.  Why?  Number one because I'm not a math or engineering major,
so I don't need the extra power of the 92.  I do prefer a calculator I can
hold in one hand (though the 89 solves this problem).  The 92's interface
is slower for me to use.  Compare the 92 menus to hte 85/86 menus.  On the
85/86, you use the five F-keys and the more key.  On the 92, you have to use
the F-keys that are way over on the left hand side of the calc, or do
2nd-MATH.  Then, you use the SLOW keypad to arrow up or down to the command
you want.  How about when youe type something beyond the edge of the screen?
On the 85/86, it wraps to the next line.  On the 92, the input line scrolls,
and again, to go back and change something in the middle of a long
equation, you must SLOWLY use the arrow key pad to go to it.  This has been
a pain in my butt too many times for me to keep using the 92.  Those are
just two examples of why I find the 86 faster and easier to use than the 92,
even though the 92 obviously does more things.