Re: Why not the TI-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why not the TI-92?

Midnight Wells wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been lurking in this group for some time and I'm a little bit
> confused about the 'which is my favourite calculator thread.'
>
> What is confusing me is that there appear to be very few responses
> listing the TI-92 as the favourite calculator -- and, given that it
> appears to be the calculator with all the bells and whistles, this is
> not what I expected.

Personally I haven't been a part of the "favourite calc" topic as I
delete them when I get them (I find my interest in the topic fulfilled
already).

I have a TI-85 and a TI-92 (and a TI-68 that I don't use :)
I prefer the TI-92 simply because of the programming features such as
the QWERTY, the size of the screen, the high level of the programming
language (making it easy to go to whereas for instance C is something
where I occasionally have to stop and contemplate syntax :)

I am looking forward to seeing the plus module when it comes out too.

As to the mathematical features, well, I study at the university which
really renders the TI-92 useless. Theoretical math rarely makes use of
calculators. ;-)

HTH. HAND.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
What incredible irony!  | If you strangle a smurf,