Re: Why not the TI-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why not the TI-92?

        I've been trying to ignore this thread as much as possible, but it seems
to me that everyone would vote for whichever calculator they had. I bet
most of the people who are voting have only trued one or two of the
calculators, and they cannot accurately say which is the best one. The
TI-92 can do the most, but it is rather bulky and some people do not like
that. I personnaly prefer a smaller model, but the TI-92 can do some pretty
advanced stuff. Btw, if you mean "latest" as in the last released, you are
wrong because the TI-86 and the TI-83 were released later (83 was released
around the same time). Some people also prefer the games on TI-86s and
other TI-8Xs, although Fargo is a great operating system with great games.

Adam Berlinsky-Schine
President, Dimension-TI
Staff, TI-Files

At 11:26 AM 5/27/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Midnight Wells wrote:
>

>What is confusing me is that there appear to be very few responses
>listing the TI-92 as the favourite calculator
>
>Ok...I haven't responded to this thread of Favorite Calculator yet, but I
>have a TI-92, and I vote for that one.
>(I've tried all kinds of calculators, TI and HP)
>
>I know nothing about the TI calculators nor do I understand complex
>mathematics, but I guess I just assumed people would naturally favour
>the 'latest and greatest.' Can anyone explain why so many people are
>opting for TI-86s and so on?
>

>BTW, I am contemplating pursuing studies in statistics -- can anyone
>tell me if the TI-92 is suitable for statistical calculations? Forgive
>me if this is a silly question.

             Adam Berlinsky-Schine
               adam@findcure.com

                   TI-Philes Staff