Re: Favorite Calculator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Favorite Calculator

I started with an 85, sold it and got a 92 for college calculus, then sold
that and got an 86 for the remainder of college science.  I greatly prefer
the 85/86 interface over the 92/89's, navigating menus, etc. just seems to
go faster.  I've used an 82/83 once or twice, and they are clearly just
inferior to the 85/86.  Plus, the 85 being the oldest TI calc, it has the
most programs and games, and the 85's ZShell was alone responsible for
bringing openly allowed ASM to the other calculators.
I must say that my favorite is the 86, with an honorable mention for the 89
which would be the best when you need the extra power of 3D graphing or
symbolic manipulation.