Trouble Connecting TI-82 via parallel link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trouble Connecting TI-82 via parallel link

I recently got a home-made parallel link from a friend to connect my
TI-82 to my PC.  It works great on my work PC, but acts quite bizarre
on my home PC.  This is vry strange to me since, if anything, I would
have thought my work PC was the tough one.

It works fine on a Pentium 200 MMX at work running in a DOS Window
under Windows 3.11.

At home on a Pentium 133 with Windows 95 (or in DOS, window or clean
via restart), I get the following strange symptoms that I do not get
on my work PC:

Calculator screen dims considerably (like 1/2 as bright)
Calculator slows to an absolute crawl (15+ second response times)
Get an "error in xmit" message for any send or receive command.

I've tried it at home with W32tran8, Wtrans8, and S8, with Cal, and
Link-TI, all with no good results, so I'm fairly convinced its not
just who's code I'm using.  Wtrans8 worked fine at work on the Windows
3.11 machine.

Any suggestions?
(Thanks aforhand)