Re: help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: help

biz wrote:

> In article <35629D7A.279D@hotmail.com>, shfty@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >CAN ANY TELL ME HOW i WOULD GO ABOUT SOLVING A SIMPLE EQUATION LIKE
> >5X-12>0
>
> 5X-12>0
>
> 5x>12
>
> x>12/5
>
> So in english...as long as x is greater than 12/5, 5x-12 is greater than 0.
>
> You can also see this graphically....graph y=5x-12
> This will make a linear graph. The part of the graph below the x-axis is
> negative values, the part above positive values. The line cross the x-axis
> at 12/5 since 5x-12=0 when x=12/5
> So therefore when x > 12/5 y will be > 0.
>
> Cheers, Justin Z.

and then you can draw an y=0 line and use intersect to get the exact point of
where x>0. (well lower than what you got when you intersected 'couse that would
equal 0)

There is something called solver, but I haven't figured it quite out, but I
think it can help you. (Instruction book needed here)

You didn't say what calc you are using, but for the 83 you'll find solver in
one of the menus (duh) and in the catalog.

--
Jack the Klipper
http://home.sol.no/~tursin/