Re: Graphlink Problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Graphlink Problems

Along these same lines,

I purchased an '86 a few weeks ago.  I tried to buy the complete
graphlink package, but the '86 is too new to have the full thing, so I
bought the cable and d/l'd the software from the TI site.  I have
confirmed the port good, and everything seems to load OK, but whenever I
try to open the link I get 'transmission failure' messages.

Any Ideas, anyone???

cott Noveck (SMN) wrote:

> ARRRG! I purchased a TI-Graphlink about 2 months ago, and it had worked fine
> until now. . . and then a few days ago it just stoped working. After a few
> more tries, the little gold cap on the very end of the link (where it fits
> into the linkport) fell off, and the Graphlink doesn't even work -- and to
> make thing worse, I can't even find the little cap anymore, it's lost
> somewhere in my carpeting. . . Am I entitled to a replacement from warranty?
> I also noticed that the Calc-Calc cable that came with my TI-86 has a
> slightly different design, which uses one WHOLE piece instead of the little
> cap that falls off. . . Would I be able to cut my Calc-Calc cable and the
> Graphlink, and replace the broken head of the Graphlink with the one from
> the Calc-Calc cable??? And why did my graphlink come with a different, OLDER
> style of cable (A friend of mine just got an 86, and it also had the newer
> design -- but the 82 he got a few years ago had the SAME PROBLEM with the
> cap on the link -- so I'm pretty sure it's an older version. . .)
>
>                             Thank you,
>                             Scott Noveck
>                             noveck@pluto.njcc.com

Follow-Ups: References: