$4 Serial link problem...Help please!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

$4 Serial link problem...Help please!

I built the $4 Serial link for my young son, and was unable to get it
to work properly...using Link-TI (or something similar) the link seems
to run VERY slowly and never finishes.  He IS able to get small parts
of, or several lines of a program, but always fails to get a complete
program (infinity waiting...).

We used the TI-TI cable and one connector, and are running a Pentium 120
Mhz with no known problems...the link cable is only 3 feet long, or so.

The LED lights, and as I said, some data manages to get across...

Any ideas?  He's pretty disappointed, and I'm stumped.  No apparent IRQ
conflicts here.  I'd really appreciate any pointers as to what might
be wrong...the circuit "ohmed out" perfectly, no errors noted here.

Thanks!

Steve Bienvenu  W5ZA