Re: TI-92: how do I extract the remainder of a polynomial

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92: how do I extract the remainder of a polynomial division?

Roberto,
I wrote a function called "op" (stands for Operands) that will convert
an expression to a list of operands and a string of operators based upon
a input string of operators.  It is very useful for doing this sort of
thing.

Use:  op(expr,ops)->lop
Where: expr is the expression to be converted.
       ops  is a string of operators like "+-|&".  "|" is "or" and
            "&" is "and".
       lop  is a list of operands broken at any operator in ops.

Example:
op(5x^2-2x+1/(x-3),"+-")
 {5*x^2 2*x 1/(x-3) "-+"}

You can use
ans1[3] to get 1/(x-3)

There is a inverse function "rop" that will take the returned list
and create the original expression.

If you would like copies just send me email.
Glenn
Roberto Lupi wrote:

> On the TI-92 how can I extract the remainder of a polynomial division?
>
> Actually I can use propFrac() to display it, but I need the remainder
> in program to create a Sturm succession for a given polynomial.
>
> --
> Roberto Lupi
> Electronic Engineering Student - University of Ancona - Italy
> Linux/NT System Administrator
> Linux/Win32 Developer

| Glenn E. Fisher -retired    Fisher@uh.edu or gefisher@onramp.com |
| Central Computing Services  http://www.uh.edu/~fisher            |
| University of Houston       Houston, Texas                       |
| My home address:      22402 Diane Dr., Spring, Texas 77373       |