Programming TI-92 and lists

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Programming TI-92 and lists

I have been attempting to write a program for the 92. The portion of the
code that I am having trouble with is adding numbers to a list. How is
this done? I can accomplish the task using a matrix. The code fragment
that follows tests to see if the number at position i is equal to the
number stored in a. The syntax looks like this:

 If var1=[[0]] Then
  2;var1[1,1]
 Else
   augment(var1,[[2]]);var1
 EndIf

This works, but I want to use a list, not a matrix. The manual leads me
to believe I can do this, but when I am unable to use the following
syntax:

  If var1={0} Then
  2;var1{1}
 Else
   augment(var1,{2});var1
 EndIf

Does anyone have any hints, advice, or clarification on how I should be
using these commands? Adding numbers to a list, and working with lists,
seems like it would be basic but the manual is of no help and I have
been unsuccessful in finding tips on the net.

Thank you,

Emma Urban
eurban@gte.net