Re: My 92 has lost its mind!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My 92 has lost its mind!

Rhombus wrote:

> x*y is not equal to xy on the TI-92

Now, to answer your problem:

x*y is not the same as xy for the simple reason that xy is a variable
name, same as x, y, abc or deadbeef is.

For further reference see:
 - p. 22 (Entering Expressions and Instructions), specifically the
Implied Multiplication entry which you will learn addresses your
specific problem in the examples.
 - pp. 38-39 (Storing and Recalling Variable Values), on rules for
variable names, now that we are on to the subject :)
The pages referred are in your TI-92 manual.

[snipped 18 lines of .signature]

With that done, I would like to initiate a small rant:
<rant>
There is a reason why 4 lines is the recommended maximum size of a
.signature - some people exceed this which I have no problem with, but I
think 18 lines is a bit excessive, especially given the fact that I
doubt a lot of people here really want to get an advert with complete
address and fax number every time you post something. The URL to the
homepage should be sufficient. If people are interested, I trust they
can find the necessary information there, n'est-ce pas?
And that aside, again not a problem I share, but some people are not
capable of viewing HTML letters and will simply delete it with a sneer.
Think it over.
</rant>

There, I'm done.
HTH. HAND.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
(2) When joining the two chain ends, the closing spring is to be