Re: Clock and Name question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Clock and Name question

thor wrote:

>     I'm about 99% percent positive that their is no timer in that
> calculator.
> But because I've of that 1% percent I'd like to ask why you think
> there is?
>
> > At 11:55 PM 3/12/98 -0800, Ghaleon wrote:
> > >I was interested in making a clock in my TI-82. I know it has a
> timer
> > >inside, so I'd probably need to hack into it somehow. Also, how
> would I
> > >have someone imput a name, then have it displayed? Thanx.

There is one and it is there to sync the processor's operations so that
it doesn't mess up.  Everytime the calculator gets shut off it gets
turned off, though.  To have a non-terminating clock you would need a
seperate chip (CMOS I believe, however I'm not too sure) with a constant
power source (the HP-48GX has one (sorry to all the rest of you for
swearing :)).  Unfortunately, no calculator that I know of uses a RISC
chip.  =P
If you still don't believe me, e-mail chut@zilog.com and ask for the Z80
books.  They explain the system clock in detail.

 - Jim

 Blow the universe into nothingness
 Nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest

 Time is like a fuse, short and burning fast
 Armageddon is here, like said in the past

  - Fight Fire With Fire
  - Metallica

 Jim Ruble
 E-mail: rublej@geocities.com