Re: TI ANNOUNCES NEW CALC!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI ANNOUNCES NEW CALC!!!!!

the hp is allowed on standardized tests execpt ap chem and ap physics( eq
lib)
to use symbolic manipulation you need to put a prgm on the calc....
but they erase all the memory on the calc
but if you have ramcards then you can get everything back (sorta like a
hd)
so hp users can use symbolic stuff even if they reset the memory of the
calc if
the hp user has ramcards.

-inwoo

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 12:30:06 -0500 Ray Kremer <rkremer@BRADLEY.EDU>
writes:
>So the HP48 isn't allowed on standardized tests either?  Then I am
>misinformed.  I thought that only the keyboard determined if a
>calculator
>was allowed.  Has anybody used the HP on a standardized test?  Did
>anybody
>try to and was denied?  Hey, if I were the SAT people, I wouldn't
>allow the
>89 either, but I just figured that if the HP48 was allowed, they would
>have
>to allow the 89.  I guess we need someone to check on this.
>
>>it probably wont be allowed on standerized test, since symbolic
>>manipulation is in the rom
>>hence the hp48 has symbolic manipulation available in the ram.......
>>:P
>>(you can notice that i'm a hp user)
>>
>>-inwoo

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]