Re: TI ANNOUNCES NEW CALC!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI ANNOUNCES NEW CALC!!!!!

Ray Kremer wrote:

> I just came from ti.com where I saw this, and I agree that this new
> calculator is @#*%ing awesome!

Agreed, it looks quite attractive.

>  It's the 92 Plus for about 2/3 of the
> price!  And the 92's size and keyboard was always one of my major gripes
> with it.

I wouldn't want to go back from here. Losing the qwerty is a step back
if you ask me.

> Geometry?  Who the hell ever used that anyway?

Not me, eats 20k+ just to run it :-/

> The 89 isn't
> competition for the 92, it's the replacement!

Not quite :)

> Most likely the same
> 68000 chip that the 92 uses.

Maybe, we'll see. It has quite a lot to say what they choose, but yes,
I'd say they'll probably use the 68000.

> I'm expecting Fargo ports,

Fargo...I don't see why. They support ASM by default. Fargo should go
obsolete over the time (_should_).

> though the screen
> has slightly less resolution than the 92.  That could cause a problem.

Yes, I'd like to get my hands on that new tech they say it uses, to make
a clearer image. That screen, and possible upgrades in chip usage, along
with the plus module + dropping the geometry section would make me a
happier TI-92 owner.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
(2) When joining the two chain ends, the closing spring is to be

Follow-Ups: References: