--

Douglas S. Oliver
Department of Anthropology
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521
e-mail: douglaso@citrus.ucr.edu
    or: dsoliver@earthlink.net

-- BEGIN included message

Quite to the contrary, in all seriousness.  For my 10 year old daughter's
science project, we made batteries/chemical electric generators out of several
different foods, fruits, people, fluids, etc.  It's true that about the
highest voltage we got was about 1/2 volt not hooking things up in serial (not
oatmeal), but we produced power nonetheless.  With some transformers,
capacitors, etc. you could probably have a good time.  I think it was a cool
suggestion even if not practical in the end--we're not at the end yet. --D

--

Douglas S. Oliver
Department of Anthropology
University of California