Serial!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Serial!

I don't know if anyone's thought about this before.
A while back I read on someones page about someone at MIT
successfully opening a ti-85(?) and connecting a sound card or something to
the bus..
I got to thinking while at work today, What about connecting a
UART chip (for a serial port) to an unused address on the bus?!
Then we wouldn't have to worry about figuring out how to duplicate (or worry
about paying for) a graphlink for connection to a modem!
(and we could have different baud rates too!)
Of course we would have to rewrite any term programs to use the special
address but what do you think?

     -James, N9XLC
     -jrhall@infocom.com