Enjoy solving problems?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Enjoy solving problems?

Would like to hear from anyone who can suggest a scheme for protecting
commercially distributed programs which have been written for the TI-86, or the
upcoming TI-89.  I realize it is impossible to prevent outright piracy, even
the big boys have that problem, but I thought it might be possible to devise a
method whereby certain information could be rendered unchangeable.  I am
thinking particularly of things like a company name, authors' name and
copyright notice, and the authors' contact address.
The programs are written in TI Basic and they all call a program which sets
global strings and presents the information just mentioned.  The program
setting the strings is also in TI Basic, but I thought it might be possible to
imbed this program in machine language in such a way that it could not be
changed by the end-user or by a pirate.  I would consider this adequate
protection.
Any method suggested should not interfere with the normal running of the main
programs, and should not require that they be re-written.

Open to all thoughts on this subject, and would be willing to pay for a scheme
which cannot be defeated...even by its own author.

I have no knowledge of machine language so any method involoving it would
require the assistance of the respondant.
Your services would be paid for.

Please e-mail me direct.  Any responses posted to this board will not be
followed up.

E-mail address:
tiuser@aol.com