Re: TI-92: No percent function?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92: No percent function?

I think you might want a "per cent of" function
which would be something like

r001 / 100 * b001 -> pctof(b001,r001)

Ordering of parameters in equation intentional to minimize overflow.
Naming convention to minimize likelihood of circular definition problem
at expense of clarity.  b001 for base, r001 for percentage rate.

pctof(200,36) == 72
pctof(200,-36) == -72

And percent increase:

b001 * (1 + r001 / 100) -> pctin(b001,r001)

pctin(200,36) == 272
pctin(200,-36) == 128

And percent change

100 * (t001 / f001 - 1) -> pctch(f001,t001)

where f001 is "from" and "t001" is "to".

pctch(20,30) == 50
pctch(30,20) == -100/3

-----